Sunday, July 11, 2010

What We Can Learn From The Scouts Part 2

With National Scouting Jamboree approaching, I think we should look at the principals behind this century old movement. I believe we can learn a lot for the principals and virtues that scouts swear “on their honor” to up hold. so lets take them one at a time.

On My Honor

Scouts say this at the beginning of the of the Scout Oath. This mean that you swear on your sacred honor, and your families good name, a promise that should not be taken lightly. This has become one of the strongest oaths used non-scouts use this oath with much frequency.

I Will Do My Best

To do your very best

To My Duty

That which in this oath is promised

To God

you should do your duty to God. Which ids to acknowledge and praise him for all the great things he has done.

And My Country

To do your duty to your country you must do your civil duty and vote and if so called to run for public office

To Obey The Scout Law

Devoted obedience to all twelve points of the scout law .

To Help Other People At All Times

Service to others.

To keep Myself Physically Strong,

So that you can help other people at all times.

Mentally Awake,

In order to serve others better.

And Morally Strait.

In order to keep a clean conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment